Monday, March 2, 2015

Secret Music News, March 2015

Hi -

  Winter's still here, unfortunately. Supposedly the coldest February on
record around here. I believe it. Hope all of you are keeping warm. Hopefully spring will be
here soon. Plenty of good music, which is always welcome.

  Most of you know me at this point. but there's a few that might not. My
name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a New
Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 27
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.          

  I'm always looking for new and interesting music to play. If you have
something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below. I'm perfectly
fine with downloads instead of CD's, especially for all you overseas
people who pay large sums of money to mail things here to the states.
Don't get me wrong. I love CD's and love to see nice packaging. But I know
what it costs to mail such things, too. It's up to you. I usually prefer
high quality MP3's, though I can accept other formats if necessary. Just
send me an email for more info. At least half of what I play these days
comes to me through downloads. Thanks.  

  Many of you have noted that my mailing address has changed, though some
of you may want to double check. I wouldn't want something to get lost or returned
when mail forwarding runs out. For various reasons, I've decided to go
with a PO Box for the foreseeable future. Please use the following address
for all mailings through traditional post. For UPS/package mailings,
please contact me for a suitable shipping address. Thanks for your
understanding. 

Scott Raymond/WVKR
PO Box 146
Fishkill, NY 12524                   

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for February, 2015.
Enjoy!      

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

WVKR-FM "Secret Music" TOp 20 Playlist
            February, 2015

1. Dave Bessell - Black Horses Of The Sun - DiN
2. Arcane - Revenants - Self Released
3. Byron Metcalf, Steve Roach and Rob Thomas - Monuments of Ecstasy - Projekt
4. V/A - Imaginational Anthem Vol.7 - Tompkins Square
5. Robert Rich - Filaments - Soundscape Productions
6. Galactic Anthems - Sinew And Lace - Self Released
7. Alio Die & Parallel Worlds - Elusive Metaphor - Hic Sunt Leones
8. Balmorhea - Balmorhea - Western Vinyl
9. Radiant Mind - Strands - Self Released
10. Alio Die and Lorenzo Montana - Holographic Codex - Projekt
11. Barbara Higbie - Scenes From Life - Self Released
12. Ray Sammartano - Dark Matter Sunshine - Self Released
13. Frore - Cyclic Movement - Relaxed Machinery
14. Peter Biedermann - Tales From The Desert - Self Released
15. Igneous Flame - Lumen - LuminaSounds
16. Steven Lance - The Best Is Yet To Come - Self Released
17. Polaris - Way Out - Ricochet Dream
18. Jimmy Wahlsteen - No Strings Attached - Candyrat
19. Nelson Foltz & Tom Lynn - Departure - Stillsounds
20. Michel Banabila & Oene Van Geel - Music For Viola And Electronics - Self Released

No comments:

Post a Comment