Sunday, March 3, 2013

Secret Music News, March 2013

Hi -

  My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 25
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.   

  I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting music to play on my
show. If you have something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the
address below or email me for more info. Also, if you'd like to send me
downloads of your releases in lieu of actual CD's, that's fine with me,
too. Just send me an email and let me know. Thanks.              

  It's still winter here. I thought the groundhog saw his shadow and
spring was coming soon or something. Coulda fooled me. Got to see Eric
Carbonara and Alexander Turnquist play, which was nice. A Viberatto is
playing this week nearby, unless we get snow, which is a possibility. I finally got around to
editing an interview I did with Will Ackerman back in December and
broadcast excerpts from it on my show. He's a great guy and it's always a
pleasure to sit down and talk to him. I'm hoping that with spring coming,
I can start scheduling some live interviews and/or performances here on
Secret Music. If you're interested, let me know.

  There's a new service out called DAR.fm. which allows you to record
radio shows (like mine). The website has more info. but it's basically a free service much
like a Tivo, which allows you to select and record radio shows for future
listening. Finally something for those of you who aren't around to listen
in on a Sunday morning.                

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for February, 2013.
Enjoy! 

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/


Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


  WVKR "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
   February, 2013

1. Vidna Obmana - Twilight Of Perception 2 - Projekt
2. Can Atilla - Hi Story - Groove Unlimited
3. Chuck Van Zyl - Cenotaph - Synkronos
4. Vidna Obmana - Earth Dangling - Projekt
5. Arcane - A Tale Of Unease - Self Released
6. Gert Emmens & Cadenced Haven - Life In Cosmic Highway - Groove Unlimited
7. Steve Roach & Byron Metcalf - Tales from the Ultra Tribe - Projekt
8. Blackmore's Night - A Night In York - Self Released
9. Isadar - Red - Mainya Music
10. Ken Elkinson - Music For Telecommuting - August Son Productions
11. Ron Boots - Ante Oculos - Groove Unlimited 
12. Resonant Drift - Full Circle - Flow Space Music
13. Robert Scott Thompson - Upon The Edge Of Night - Aucourant
14. The Glimmer Room - The Wind Blows Summer From The Trees - Self Released
15. Matthew Schoening - Motif - Self Released
16. Lamp - The Three Towers - Groove Unlimited
17. Triona Ni Dhomhnaill - The Key's Within - Self Released
18. VoLt - Circuits - Groove Unlimited
19. Laura Sullivan - Love's River - Sentient Spirit Records
20. Steve Roach - Soul Tones - Timeroom Editions

No comments:

Post a Comment