Sunday, September 30, 2012

Secret Music News, October, 2012

Hi -

  My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 25
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new
and interesting music to play on my show. If you have something you think
I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email
me for more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performance, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
know. Thanks.         

   Thanks to everyone who helped out with WVKR's annual fundraiser. I
raised over $700 during my show, which is always a good thing. Thanks to the musicians and
labels who gave me stuff to give away, and special thanks to the listeners
who called to donate. After all these years, I love the pledge drive. You
realize how many people out there actually listen and enjoy the show.

  I'm taking my first real vacation in years to Maine in October. If any
of you have any suggestions, let me know. I'm really looking forward to it.

  There's a new service out called DAR.fm. which allows you to record
radio shows (like mine). The website has more info. but it's basically a free service much
like a Tivo, which allows you to select and record radio shows for future
listening. Finally something for those of you who aren't around to listen
in on a Sunday morning.           

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for September 2012.
Enjoy!  

www.secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net

 WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
  September, 2012

1. Thomas Ronkin - Precursors - Periphery
2. Dead Can Dance - Anastasis - Pias Recordings
3. Loreena McKennitt - Troubadors On the Rhine - Quinlan Road
4. Various Artists - Lost In The Humming Air - Oktaf
5. Slow Dancing Society - Laterna Magica - Hidden Shoal
6. Markus Reuter - Todmorden 513 -Hyperfunction
7. Erik Wøllo - Airborne - Projekt
8. Kerry Leimer - Permissions - Palace Of Lights
9. Heidi Anne Breyer - Beyond the Turning - Winterhall Records
10. Robert Carty - Ecoroots - Deep Sky Music
11. Marc Barreca - Tremble - Palace Of Lights
12. Gilded - Terrane - Hidden Shoal
13. Ideation - One Sea - Self Released
14. Jack Hertz - Speleo - Sound4Good
15. Ian Boddy - After The Rain - DiN
16. Ronnda Cadle - Will's Embrace - Self Released
17. Tom Caufield - It Happens to Eve - Bohemian Embassy
18. Peter DiPhillips - Mystic River Reflections - Happy Puppy
19. Peter DiPhillips - Omphalos - Happy Puppy
20. Slowdazzzle - Omphalos II - Happy Puppy

No comments:

Post a Comment