Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Secret Music News, June 2012

Hi -

  My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt non -
commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater Hudson
Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 24 years and
has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday from 9AM to
12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online, check out our
website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting
music to play on my show. If you have something you think I'd be
interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email me for
more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performace, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
know. Thanks.           

  The big news this month is that on June 17th, I celebrated the 25th
anniversary of Secret Music. It started on June 17, 1987 on a different day (Wednesday) with a
different title (Theme Of Secrets). If you'd told me then that I'd still
be doing this 25 years later, I wouldn't have believed you. It was meant
to be a fill in show for the summer. I'm still filling in. It's been a
wild ride so far. I'm not sure how long it'll last, but I'll enjoy it
while I can. Things have changed so much, but there's still lots of great
music out there to discover. More than the music though, it's the people
that keep things interesting. The musicians, the label people, and most of
all the listeners. Thanks to everyone for putting up with me and the
strange music I play. 

  There's a new service out called DAR.fm. which allows you to record
radio shows (like mine). The website has more info. but it's basically a free service much
like a Tivo, which allows you to select and record radio shows for future
listening. Finally something for those of you who aren't around to listen
in on a Sunday morning.        

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for April 2012. Enjoy!  

www.secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com


Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


  WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
       June, 2012

1. Various Artists - Take To The Trees - Sound For Good
2. Ben Kettlewell - Retrospective - Lyrebird Media
3. Kyle Bobby Dunn - Bring Me The Head Of Kyle Bobby Dunn - Low Point
4. Adam Hurst - Obscura - Self Released
5. Adam Howe and Adam Werner - Unspoken - Self Released
6. Mark Mahoney and Michael Peck - Mindshed - Ethereal Live
7. Niyaz - Sumud - Six Degrees Records
8. David Temple - Arrival - Self Released
9. Seren Ffordd & Oöphoi - The Martian Chronicles - Hypnos Recordings
10. Dave Luxton - Singularity In Sound - Wayfarer
11. The Winterhouse - Winter Gardens - Dataobscura
12. Marcus Fischer - Collected Dust - Tench
13. Steven Lance - Fringe Runner - Self Released
14. Strom Noir - Standing Out Against The Sea - Dataobscura
15. AeTopus - Between Empires - 12Ton Productions
16. Seaworthy - Bellows And Breath - Preservation
17. Greg Haines - Digressions - Preservation
18. Steve Brand - Subtle Movements Inside - Relaxed Machinery
19. Markus Mehr - In - Hidden Shoal
20. Isadar - Reconstructed: Solo piano - Mainya Music

No comments:

Post a Comment