Sunday, April 29, 2012

Secret Music News, May 2012

Hi -

  My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt non -
commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater Hudson
Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 24 years and
has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday from 9AM to
12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online, check out our
website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting
music to play on my show. If you have something you think I'd be
interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email me for
more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performace, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
know. Thanks.         

  On Sunday, May 6, I'm pleased to welcome Broekhuis, Keller and
Schonwalder from Germany to the studio for an interview and live performance. They'll be
performing that night in NYC as part of the One Thousand Pulses concert
series. Also in early May, the Candy Rat Guitar Night tour will be coming
around to the eastern US once again, with concerts in Collinsville, CT and
New York City. Again, a bit of a drive to either show, but well worth it.

  I'm celebrating the 25th anniversary of Secret Music in June of this
year. If you have any interesting ideas for that, please let me know.  

  There's a new service out called DAR.fm. which allows you to record
radio shows (like mine). The website has more info. but it's basically a free service much
like a Tivo, which allows you to select and record radio shows for future
listening. Finally something for those of you who aren't around to listen
in on a Sunday morning.      

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for April 2012. Enjoy! 

www.secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com


Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


  WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
      April, 2012

1. Merge - Secret Life Of Machines - Self Released
2. Ian Boddy & Erik Wøllo - Frontiers - DiN
3. Janne Hanhisuanto - Quiet Places - Self Released
4. Nunc Stans - Peninsula - Dataobscura
5. Robert Carty - Cosmic Connections
6. John Lyell - Eternity - Self Released
7. Eraldo Bernocchi, Harold Budd & Robin Guthrie - Winter Garden - Rare Noise
8. Bil Vermette - Galaxies IV - Rainforest
9. Carl Weingarten - Panomorphia - Multiphase Records
10. Ewan Dobson - Ewan Dobson III - CandyRat Records
11. Steve Roach - Back to Life - Projekt
12. Rich Osborn - Giving Voice - Free Range Raga Records
13. Robert Davies - The Alchemy Of Nature - Dataobscura
14. Dan Minoza and M.Peck - Like Hemlock - Waiting World Records
15. Broekhuis, Keller & Schonwalder - Red - Manikin Records
16. Alio Die - Deconsecrated and Pure - Projekt
17. Steve Roach - Groove Immersion - Timeroom Editions
18. Bob Ardern - Wires, Rosewood & Roots - Self Released
19. Kathryn Kaye - Heavy as a Feather - Final Notes
20. Berlin Heritage - Land Of The Rising Sun -Spheric Music

No comments:

Post a Comment