Monday, April 2, 2012

Secret Music News, April, 2012

Hi -

My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt non -
commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater Hudson
Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 24 years and
has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday from 9AM to
12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online, check out our
website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting
music to play on my show. If you have something you think I'd be
interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email me for
more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performace, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
know. Thanks.

I've got a couple of upcoming events to tell you about. First, Wave
World will be touring the eastern US later in April, with concert dates in Philadelphia and Nazareth, PA. Either venue is a long drive for Secret Music fans, but well worth the trip. And on Sunday, May 6, I welcome Broekhuis, Keller and
Schonwalder from Germany to the studio for an interview and live
performance. Also in early May, the Candy Rat Guitar Night tour will be
coming around to the eastern US once again, with concerts in Collinsville,
CT and New York Cuty. Again, a bit of a drive to either show, but well
worth it. Also, I'll be celebrating the 25th anniversary of Secret Music
in June of this year. If you have any interesting ideas for that, please
let me know.

There's a new service out called DAR.fm. which allows you to record
radio shows (like mine). The website has more info. but it's basically a free service much like a Tivo, which allows you to select and record radio shows for future listening. Finally something for those of you who aren't around to listen
in on a Sunday morning.

For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for March
2012. Enjoy!


www.secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com



Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
March, 2012

1. itsnotyouitsme - everybody's pain is magnificent - New Amsterdam
2. Cyber Zen Sound Engine - Cooperation - Self Released
3. The Omega Syndicate - The Holly And The Ivories - Self Released
4. Synth.nl - Apollo - Groove Unlimited
5. Taylor Deupree and Marcus Fischer - In A Place Of Such Graceful Shapes - 12K
6. Jacaszek - Glimmer - Ghostly International
7. Ian Boddy - Strange Attractors - DiN
8. Igneous Flame - Lyra - LuminaSounds
9. Building The Cathedral - Twisting In The Divine Winds - Self Released
10. Dreamphonic - Ambient Collection - Self Released
11. Phobos - Moments In Sound - Self Released
12. Illuha - Shizuku - 12K
13. 36 - Bass Communion Remixed - 3six Recordings
14. 36 - Memories In Widescreen - 3six Recordings
15. Amongst Myselves - Ambient, Landscape and Space - Self Released
16. Phillip Wilkerson - The Stars and Afterward - Self Released
17. Twyndyllyngs - Event Horizon - electro-music media
18. Shane Morris - Equinox - Earth Mantra
19. Logical Drift - Logical Drift - NYCMusic
20. Guitar - It's Sweet To Do Nothing! - Clairecords

No comments:

Post a Comment