Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Secret Music News, March, 2012

Hi -

My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt non -
commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater Hudson
Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 24 years and
has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday from 9AM to
12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online, check out our
website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting
music to play on my show. If you have something you think I'd be
interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email me for
more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performace, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
know. Thanks.

I've got a couple of upcoming events here at WVKR to tell you about.
First, pianist Josh Johnston will be my guest on Sunday, March 18, to talk about his music and to play pieces from his CD, The Shape Of Things. And on Sunday, May 6, I
welcome Broekhuis, Keller and Schonwalder from Germany to the studio for an interview and live performance. Also, I'll be celebrating the 25th anniversary of Secret Music in June of this year. If you have any interesting ideas for that, please let me know.

There's a new service out called DAR.fm. which allows you to record
radio shows (like mine). The website has more info. but it's basically a free service much like a Tivo, which allows you to select and record radio shows for future listening. Finally something for those of you who aren't around to listen
in on a Sunday morning.

For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for February 2012. Enjoy!


www.secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com




Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net

WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
February, 2012

1.Thought Guild - Third Voyage - Harmonic Resonance Recordings
2. Leonardo Rosado - Opaque Glitter - Feedback Loop
3. Forastiere - From 1 To 8 - CandyRat Records
4. Austere - Euterpe - Relaxed Machinery
5. Tim Hecker - Dropped Pianos - Kranky
6. Olafur Arnalds - Another Happy Day - Erased Tapes
7. Altus - Symmetry And Shadow - Self Released
8. Dan Pound - Cocoon - Pound Sounds
9. Steve Hauschildt - Tragedy And Geometry - Kranky
10. Altus - Ecotone - Self Released
11. Doug Young - Closing Time - Self Released
12. Steve Brand - Upwelling - Relaxed Machinery
13. Magnetic Wind - 11 - Self-Released
14. Phillip Wilkerson - The Way Home - Self Released
15. Mystified - Coming Days - Self Released
16. 16. Hauschka And Hildur Gudnadottir - Pan Tone - Sonic Pieces
17. Soriah w/ Ashkelon Sain - Eztica - Projekt
18. Jim Kirkwood - Relics From A Future Age - Dark Age Music
19. Robert Carty - Ancient Flow - Deep Sky Music
20. Jim Kirkwood - Down The Crow Road - Dark Age Music

No comments:

Post a Comment