Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Richard Lainhart RIP

I was shocked and saddened to learn of the death of a great musician and friend, Richard Lainhart, who passed away suddenly on December 30, 2011. He was incredibly talented not only in electronic music, but in the visual arts. He was very prolific, performing live often and released a number of CD's. But what I remember most about Richard is what a nice guy he was. He was very helpful and giving to anyone who asked. I met him a few years back at an Electro Music festival. I'd emailed him in the past about his music with no response. We talked a while, and he was very friendly. He gave me several CD's to play, and I invited him to play live on my show, which he did one winter a couple of years back. He lived in Rockland county, so it took him a little over an hour to get to the studio. But it snowed that morning, and it took him almost 4 hours to get home in the bad weather. I felt terrible about it, but he thought nothing of it. He was one of the nicest people I've met in all my years as a DJ. Long ago I realized that after all these years at Secret Music, it's become less about the music and more about the people I've met along the way. Richard was one of those people that honored me with his presence. I'll miss him greatly. Here's a link so you can find out more about him.

http://www.otownmedia.com/he/he.html

Scott Raymond

No comments:

Post a Comment