Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Secret Music News, late August 2011

Hi -

My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a New
Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt non -
commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 24 years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online, check out our website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting music to play on my show. If you have something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email me for more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live interview and/or performace, drop me a line and we'll work something out. Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just
send me an email and let me know. Thanks.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the summer. Been quiet on this end. Coming
soon in September, WVKR will have its annual fundraiser, right after Labor Day. We're a non- commercial college station that gets some funding from the college, but we rely on listener donations to keep us going. If any of you want to help out by donating CD"s or other stuff we can give to people as premiums, it'd be greatly appreciated. Email me for more info.

I'm looking to book some live interviews/performances for the show in the
upcoming months. If you're in the area and want to come by on a Sunday morning, let me know and we'll work something out.

There's a couple of upcoming shows in the area that I recommend to anyone who
enjoys electronic music. I'll be at both, so let me know if you're coming to either.
First is Electro Music 2011, which is September 9-11 near Port Jervis, NY. It's a lot of fun and there'll be a lot of great live music. For more info, here's the website:

http://event.electro-music.com/

The other is Equinoxygen 2011, a one day festival of electronic music presented
by Darren Bergstein of the One Thousand Pulses house concert series. It's on Saturday, October 1 in Hackensack, NJ. The lineup is amazing. For more info, here's the website:

http://onethousandpulses.com/index.php/equinoxygen-festival/

I'm still on Facebook, both as Secret Music and as Scott Raymond. And the
website stays the same, too. Have a look if you want to know more.

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

Here's my top 20 playlist for August, 2011. Enjoy!

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net

WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
August, 2011

1. Various Artists - For Nihon - Unseen Records
2. Various Artists - Home Patterning - Periphery
3. Richard Bone - Xessex - Quirkworks
4. Richard Lainhart - Polychromatic Integers - Periphery
5. Diatonis - Because Words Can't Take You There - self released
6. Loscil - Coast/Range/Arc - Glacial Movements
7. Jacob Newman & Devin Underwood - The Vivid Unmapped - Dataobscura
8. Julia Kent - Green And Grey - self released
9. Olafur Arnalds - ...and they have escaped the weight of darkness - Erased
Tapes Records
10. Peter G.Brown - Ten Years Of Dust - Slobor
11. Kevin Keller - Dvija - Kevin Keller Productions
12. Hammock - Longest Year - self released
13. Hauschka - Foreign Landscapes - Fatcat
14. Brian Henke - A Child's Garden - Divine Wind
15. Benjamin Dauer - Burning Of Wine - Distance
16. The Ideal Setback - The Ideal Setback - self released
17. The Electric Golem - Sky Snails - Periphery
18. Palancar - Crooked Little House - Earth Mantra
19. Jim Kirkwood - Dreaming In Amber - Dark Age Music
20. Altus - Sleep Theory Volume 1 - self released

No comments:

Post a Comment