Monday, April 4, 2011

Secret Music Top 20 March 2011

Hi -

My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt non -
commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater Hudson
Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 23 years and
has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday from 9AM to
12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online, check out our
website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting
music to play on my show. If you have something you think I'd be
interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email me for
more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performace, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
know. Thanks.

It's finally spring here in this part of NY, at least. About damn time.
And it's already shaping up to be a very busy spring here at Secret Music. Yesterday (Sunday April 3), guitarist Ed Gerhard stopped by to talk and play for us. What a nice guy he was. And a great guitar player, too. Next Sunday (April 10), I'm
very happy to be interviewing ambient musician Meg Bowles, who has her first new album out in over 10 years. I'm hoping the band Northern Valentine will be stopping by later in the month to record in our studios. And in May, I have interviews with ambient musician Rapoon (Sunday May 8) and Vic Rek of the Ricochet Dream label (Sunday May 15). And I'm working out the details with another interview for later in May, too. Stay tuned. I love doing these, as I get to meet the people who make the music. If you're in the neighborhood and want to stop by, just let me know.

I've increased my online presence. In addition to my blog, I now have
two Facebook pages. One for the show itself, and a personal page where I can better connect with all of you. I hope you'll check them out and add me as a friend, if
you haven't done so already. I'll be posting updates there on a more regular basis. Here's the relevant links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000748108725#!/profile.php?id=1
0 00007481087 25

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000748108725#!/pages/Secret-
Music/111894398883294

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

I've received word that the next Electro-Music festival has been
scheduled for early September in Huguenot, NY. If you're a musician who makes electronic music or even just a fan, I strongly urge you to go to this festival. Three days of playing with strange and new instruments, informative seminars, making
new friends and of course, lots and lots of interesting live music. I always have a great time. make friends, and come home with bagfuls of CD's to listen to. Here's the info:

http://event.electro-music.com/

Here's my top 20 playlist for March, 2011. Enjoy!


Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


WVKR "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
March, 2011

1. Meg Bowles - A Quiet Light - Kumatone
2. Steve Roach and Brian Parnham - The Desert Inbetween - Projekt
3. Hollan Holmes - A Distant Light - Self-Released
4. Bob Holroyd - Beachcombing - Self Released
5. Lucette Bourdin & Phillip Wilkerson - Coast To Coast - Earth Mantra
6. Lucette Bourdin and Darrell Burgan - Prasantih - Earth Mantra
7. Robert Linton - Throughout the Autumn Light - October Moon Records
8. Josh Johnston - The Shape of Things - Shandon Records
9. Al Petteway & Amy White - High in the Blue Ridge - Fairewood
10. Richard Bone - Beleaguered Blossoms - Quirkworks Laboratory Discs
11. Alpha Wave Movement - Soniq Variants - Harmonic Resonance
12. Nick Olman - Smear Campaign - Self Released
13. Wires Under Tension - Light Science - Western Vinyl
14. John Dyson - Darklight - Soddett Hall Music
15. Jim Kirkwood - Five Things You Should Know About Crows - Dark Age Music
16. Nunc Stans - We Leave Without Speaking - Dataobscura
17. Greg Maroney - The Journey - Hen House Records
18. Black Eagle Child - Lobelia - Preservation
19. Life Is My Soundtrack - A Silver Cloud - Self Released
20. Johan Agebjörn - The Mountain Lake - Lotuspike - Spotted Peccary Music

No comments:

Post a Comment