Saturday, April 30, 2011

Secret Music Top 20 April 2011

Hi -

My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt non
- commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 23
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new
and interesting music to play on my show. If you have something you think
I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email
me for more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performace, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
know. Thanks.

Spring is here, and it feels great. It's been a very busy month here at
Secret Music. I had
some great guests come in to the studio. On April 3, guitarist Ed Gerhard
came to play and talk for a while. And on April 10, ambient musician Meg
Bowles came to talk about her music. And on April 17, I premiered a piece
by Northern Valentine that they recorded in the WVKR studios the day
before. I'm very grateful to all of them. And I got to see some good
concerts, too. Got to see Erdem Helvacioglu, who came all the way from
Turkey. Saw Julianna Barwick, and got her autograph. And got to see
Northern Valentine play twice. Once at a local venue, then again the next
day in our studio.

There's some good things coming up in May, both on Secret Music and live
in concert. On
May 8, I'll be interviewing Robin Storey of Rapoon. He's been around a
long time and I'm excited to finally talk to him. And on May 15, Vic Rek
of the Ricochet Dream label will be back to talk about his label and
concert series. Might be the last I see of him for a while. Also, on
Sunday, May 29 I'll be playing a prerecorded interview with guitarists
from the Candy Rat label who will be on tour. And concert-wise, on May
7,Rapoon will be playing in concert as part of the One Thousand Pulses
series in Woodcliff Lake, NJ. Also, Alexander Turnquist will be playing
live with Nils Frahm and Greg Haines to celebrate the release of his new
album on May 13 in Hudson, NY. And the Candyrat Guitar Night will be in
the area for two shows, one in CT on Thursday, May 26, and again in NYC on
Sunday, May 29. More details on my website.

I've increased my online presence. In addition to my blog, I now have two
Facebook pages. One for the show itself, and a personal page where I can
better connect with all of you. I hope you'll check them out and add me as
a friend, if you haven't done so already. I'll be posting updates there on
a more regular basis. Here's the relevant links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000748108725#!/profile.php?id=1
0 00007481087 25

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000748108725#!/pages/Secret-
Music/111894398883294

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

I've received word that the next Electro-Music festival has been scheduled
for early September in Huguenot, NY. If you're a musician who makes
electronic music or even just a fan, I strongly urge you to go to this
festival. Three days of playing with strange and new instruments,
informative seminars, making new friends and of course, lots and lots of
interesting live music. I always have a great time. make friends, and come
home with bagfuls of CD's to listen to. Here's the info:

http://event.electro-music.com/

Here's my top 20 playlist for April, 2011. Enjoy!


Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


WVKR "Secret Music"Top 20 Playlist
April, 2011

1. Julianna Barwick - The Magic Place - Asthmatic Kitty
2. Jim Kirkwood - A Season Of Mists - Dark Age Music
3. V/A - Sleepmode - Relaxed Machinery
4. V/A - Musiczeit Sampler 12 - Musiczeit
5. Galactic Anthems - The Other Side - self released
6. Apne Sinn - Espiritista - Relaxed Machinery
7. Daniel Bloom - Event Horizon - Ricochet Dream
8. Bruno Sanfilippo - Subliminal Pulse - Spotted Peccary Music
9. computerchemist - atmospheric - terrainflight
10. Igneous Flame - ION - LuminaSounds
11. Rapoon - Wasteland Raga - Aquarel
12. Seaworthy & Matt Rosner - Two Lakes - 12K
13. Marcus Fischer - Monocoastal - 12K
14. Reformed Faction - Until - Greytone
15. Max Corbacho - Deep Time - ad21 Music
16. Sonic Combine - Live Tracks - self released
17. Stefan Erbe - We Are Generation Electronic - self released
18. Tangram - Docosanoid - self released
19. V/A - E-Live 2010 - Groove Unlimited
20. Dan Pound - Medusazoa - Pound Sounds

No comments:

Post a Comment