Monday, December 27, 2010

Secret Music Top 20 December 2010 & Top 25 of 2010

Hi -

My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt non
- commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 23
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new
and interesting music to play on my show. If you have something you think
I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email
me for more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performace, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
know. Thanks.

Another year is over. This has been a very difficult year for me. The
recession has hit me pretty hard. but I'm still here, and there's still
plenty of great music to play. I'm glad to be here, and I'm glad for all the musicians and labels who have provided me with such great music over the
past year. And I'm especially glad to have such great listeners who have
enjoyed my work through the years. I hope everyone had a great holiday season
and I wish everyone a happy New Year.

I've got a couple of upcoming events to announce. On January 16, 2011,
pianist Rick Cutler will be live on my show to promote his new CD, First
Melancholy, Then The Night Stretch. Then on January 30, keyboardist/vibes
player Jimmy Goodman of A Viberatto will be in to talk about his CD A, which
is one of my top 25 CD's of 2010. Here's links to their websites:

http://www.humanrick.com/home.html
http://www.aviberatto.com/

As far as promo copies of music go, I'm always happy to receive CD's.
The surprise factor at finding a package in the mail is always welcome.
Though these days, I've been getting more and more downloaded music as well.
If you want to send me music that way, that's perfectly fine. Just let me know.
And I'm always looking for new and interesting things to play.

With the new year coming, I've increased my online presence. In addition
to my blog, I now have two Facebook pages. One for the show itself, and a personal page where I can better connect with all of you. I hope you'll check them out
and add me as a friend, if you haven't done so already. I'll be posting
updates there on a more regular basis. On a personal note, I've also
started a page for some of my photography on Photobucket. Tell me what you
think. Here's the relevant links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000748108725#!/profile.php?id=10
00007481087 25
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000748108725#!/pages/Secret-
Music/111894398883294
http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee362/secretmusic2010/
http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

Here's my top 20 list for December, 2010 and my list of top 25 albums of
2010. I welcome your comments. Enjoy!


Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
December, 2010

1. Jason Sloan - Corrupted Horizon - Slobor Media
2. Herion - Out and About - Hypnos
3. Emmalee Crane - Formantine - Self Released
4. Darshan Ambient - A Day Within Days - Lotuspike
5. Brian McBride - The Effective Disconnect - Kranky
6. Sophie Hutchings - Becalmed - Preservation
7. Victoire - Cathedral City - New Amsterdam
8. Andrew Lahiff - Six Trees In The Colony - Self Released
9. Ben Swire - From Here To There - Preservation
10. itsnotyouitsme - Fallen Monuments - New Amsterdam
11. Emmalee Crane - Crux - Self Released
12. Andrew Lahiff - Fading Motionless Nights - Self Released
13. William Tyler - Behold The Spirit - Tompkins Square
14. Adam Rafferty - A Christmas Guitar Celebration - Crescent Ridge Publising
15. Chuck Cape - In the Spirit of Christmas - Self Released
16. Ombient - Ombient - Self Released
17. Steven Lance - Wavicle - Self Released
18. Robert Davies - Pond - Dataobscura
19. Lisa Downing - Christmas For Two - Vision Quest Entertainment
20. Amy Lauren - Winter & Christmas - Self Released

WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 25 Albums of 2010

1. Alexander Turnquist - As The Twilight Crane Dreams In Color - VHF
2. Erik Wøllo - Gateway - Projekt
3. Robert Rich - Ylang - Soundscape Productions
4. Various Artists - Awakenings 2009 Vol.1 - Ambientlive
5. Ryuichi Sakamoto - Playing the Piano / Out Of Noise - Decca Records
6. Mark Mahoney and Michael Peck - A Life Incandescent - Waiting World
7. A Viberatto - A - King Of Beasts
8. David Helpling & Jon Jenkins - The Crossing - Spotted Peccary Music
9. Jason Sloan - Corrupted Horizon - Slobor Media
10. Andrew Lahiff - A Perpetual Point In Time - Andrew Lahiff
11. Palancar - Serenetatis - Earth Mantra
12. ARC - Church - DiN
13. Boreal Taiga - Isopectic Isotac - Wayfarer
14. Steve Roach - Sigh of Ages - Projekt
15. Adam Hurst - Ritual - Adam Hurst
16. Herion - Out and About - Hypnos
17. Richard Skelton - Landings - Type
18. O Yuki Conjugate - OYC25 - O Yuki Conjugate
19. Adam Hurst - Elegy - Self Released
20. Slow Dancing Society - Under The Sodium Lights - Hidden Shoal Recordings
21. The Circular Ruins - Invisible Cities - Dataobscura
22. Andrew Lahiff - Shapes In Clouds - Self Released
23. Loren Dent - Anthropology Vol.1 - Infraction
24. Matthew Schoening - Elements - Self Released
25. Louis Landon - Solo Piano for Love, Peace & Mermaids - Landon Creative, Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment